Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Hate Writing


I hate writing. There I've said it out loud. The reason I started this blog thing is that I figured that it might help me to...like...writing. Well I must say that that particular reason has been a major fail. However, I will say that it has helped me to hone my skills at placing random thoughts on paper in a more cohesive and almost intelligible way. For that I am grateful.


This then leads us to the whole matter of finding subject matter worthy of blog posting. It is not now or ever will be my intention to bore people with my rambling thoughts, although I seem to be doing a pretty good job of it right now. This can be, for me, an even harder task than the actual writing. What is blog worthy subject matter?

That I guess depends on the reader. For some any mundane information brings a glow of satisfaction. For others only the juiciest gossip or dirt. Still others prefer intellectual pursuits. Me, I'm just trying to fill space here today.


So, what are my words of wisdom this fine Wednesday morning? Hear they are. Do something different, something that will push you to explore, learn and develop the person you are or wish to become. If you hate writing like a do try your hand at blogging. It's not graded and if someone doesn't like it they can easily click to another blog. If you need to practice some healthy disciplines, find what you need to do and then do it sensibly. Whatever you discern to be a healthy challenge.

Well what are you still doing reading this??? Get going. Find your passion. Live life, love much, do something.


No comments:

Post a Comment