Friday, June 26, 2009

Just Bein' a Pastor


Now that all the hoopla of a seminary schedule combined with a pastor's schedule has relented, I took some time for vacation. It was nothing fancy, in fact my hubs and I stayed at home and did day trips. However I must say that it was very restful. No itinerary, no packing, and no extended travel to add stress to my time off. It was a wonderful transition into the next few weeks of just being the pastor.

I am always amazed at the process of adjustment that occurs on this journey. One goes from feeling overwhelmed by the responsibilities of pastoring, to juggling those same responsibilities along with a full school schedule...and when a semester ends it seems that the original situation of pastoring is not that overwhelming after all. Isn't that part of the theory of relativity??? Anyway for the next few weeks I will be visiting shut-ins and not so shut-ins. I will take time to map out lectionary readings, hymns and sermon titles and line up meetings in preparation for the fall charge conference season. Each year I get a little more organized.

I need to remember that all of life is process and not just about destinations. So with that I will head out to visit God's people, do some office work and enjoy the sights and sounds of summer. God's blessings and peace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment