Monday, April 6, 2009

It's all about Call.

Who'd a thunk it? Me a seminary student/pastor at the age of %#*@? And yet here I am. In the grand scheme of things I'm sure it somehow makes sense, that's what people keep telling me anyway. That God has gifted and called me to the pastorate is an amazingly gutsy thing for God to do because I have to tell you, it makes no sense to me.

The world asks, "Why would you want to be a pastor?"

To which I answer, "I don't. It's all about Call."

Describing a Call to ministry is hard enough when talking to others, coming to terms with that same Call within one's self is quite another. God is supposed to call "holy people" not rebellious, irreverent, slackers like me! And yet here I am over half way through my first year in seminary and no one has asked me to leave.

So, holding on tight, or letting go completely I'm on a wild ride. Join me on the journey around, The Carpenter's Bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment